A blog not as popular as it used to be!
It’s time for Part two of what has grabbed my ears more than most in 2013 and given this blog has now been going for a year this list is pretty apt!
Both The Fireworks and Zipper produce joyous pop moments which remind me why I love indiepop in the first place. Girl One and The Grease Guns have been a revelation and a fourth single in less than a year is due soon. Political indiepop is on the wane but thankfully the likes of The Occasional Flickers remember how it’s done. Finally I not really a great fan of albums but Colour Me Wednesday’s I Thought It Was Morning has had a number of spins this year and Shut was taken from that release.
1. The Fireworks – Runaround (single, shelflife)
2. Zipper – No Esperes Un Programa Detallado (flip side, Elefant)
3. Girl One And The Grease Guns – Hitting The Brick Wall (flip side, Squirrel Records)
4. The Occasional Flickers – Capitalism Begins At Home (single, Cloudberry Records)
5. Colour Me Wednesday – Shut (single, Discount Horse Records)